Zine Fling is a classic swap where everybody participating creates a new zine to trade with everyone else in the Fling. (So, if you are one of 8 people participating, you will create 1 zine and get 7 in return.)
Here are the rules for participation:
- Let me know that you intend to participate by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’ll probably cut off entry requests on September 15th.
- Use the the subject line “Zine Fling #2” That is very important for me to keep track of everybody, so please take the time to use that EXACT subject line.
- Please include in the email your name, a working title for the zine and its general premise. (That’s not a hard and fast thing. Just to give me an idea of where you are coming from.) Also let me know how you want it credited if you are using a pseudonym.
- There are very few strictures on content and format. However many pages you want to do on pretty much whatever subject. All pictures or no pictures. Fancy paper or cheap paper. Fiction or non-fiction. Big or small. Good or bad. Whatever you can get done by the October 31st deadline.. (Well, no right-wing screeds or creepy sexist/racist/homophobic/otherwise-prejudiced material. I’m a proud snowflake… with teeth.)
- ABSOLUTELY NO PREVIOUSLY PUBLISHED material. This is not a backstock dump. You can sell/distribute as many copies as you like after the fling.
- Once I have a complete list of entrants, I’ll let you know how many copies to make. You will need to get those to me at the Nix Comics @ What The Rock shop. 3039 Indianola Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43202 by October 31st.
- Once all of the zines have been collected and collated into piles, you will be asked to pick up your Zine fling zines at the same location.
- Novices are encouraged. Let me know if you’d be interested in a class… If there are enough people who want that, I’ll arrange it.
- Out of towners are welcome, but will need to pay shipping costs to and from the store.
- No promises, but I might buy extra copies of some zines for the shop if the price and theme is right.